The Computer Networking and Security program prepares students for employment in the Information Technology (IT) sector, including positions in information security administration, Microsoft system administration, network administration, and technical support. It also prepares students for CCNA v7 certification through the Cisco Certified Network Academy, CompTIA Security+ certification, and the Microsoft Client Windows 10 and Windows Server certification.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Implement and configure Cisco routers to perform local and wide area network routing using various routing protocols.
- Implement and configure Cisco switches to perform local area network switching.
- Implement and configure security on local and wide area networks.
- Implement and configure UNIX systems to obtain and provide network services.
- Configure and manage a Microsoft Windows Server and Client.
- Install and configure settings in a Windows 10 client operating system including configuring storage and security, managing data access, configuring applications, network connectivity, and recovery options.
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
|CSIS 72A||Administering Windows Server Core Infrastructure||3|
|CSIS 76A||Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) 1||3|
|CSIS 76B||Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) 2||3|
|CSIS 76C||Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) 3||3|
|CSIS 80||Introduction to UNIX and Linux||3|
|CSIS 83A||Microsoft Client Operating System||3|
|CSIS 86||Network Security Fundamentals/Security+ Prep||3|
|CSIS 89||Preparation for Cybersecurity Analyst Certification (CYSA+)||3|
Please refer to the graduation requirements section of the Catalog for information about degree and certificate requirements including Reading and Writing, Mathematics, Information Competency, and General Education requirements.
MPC “Ready to Work” Career Education programs offer students the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills needed for employment and job advancement.
All students should consult with a Counselor to discuss career pathways, for support with career exploration and planning, and to create a personalized education plan to help them meet their academic, career, and personal goals. Visit MPC’s Counseling website for more information about Counseling services provided by MPC and to connect with a Counselor.
Additional resources are available through MPC’s Career & Transfer Resource Center (CTRC). The CTRC offers career resources, workshops, guidance and referrals. Visit the CTRC for support finding online career information and other resources to explore majors, occupations, and employment information.