Student Support Services

Access Resource Center

Monterey Peninsula College provides equal opportunities and access to students with disabilities. The Access Resource Center offers services and education assistance classes for students with disabilities based upon educational limitations.

To support students with disabilities, the faculty and staff provide a variety of academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, services, and instruction which can include:

  • Learning disability assessment (C.C.C. eligibility model)
  • Assistive Technology access or loan
  • Classroom testing accommodations
  • In-class note takers
  • Sign Language Interpreters
  • Liaison with campus programs and/or community agencies
  • Readers and scribes
  • Registration assistance
  • Specialized academic advising
  • Disability-related counseling
  • Priority Registration

A number of education assistance classes are offered each semester. The faculty have a wide variety of expertise in disability-related fields and offer a diverse curriculum that supports students with disabilities the opportunity to fully access college courses. Examples of the classes which may be offered include:

  • Adapted Physical Education
  • Assistive Technology Applications
  • Assistive Technology Projects
  • Auditory Processing Strategies Lab
  • Introductory Computer Skills Lab
  • Learning Skills Assessment
  • Self-advocacy Strategies Lab
  • Thinking and Reasoning Skills
  • Writing Skills Development
  • Reading Skills Development

In order to participate in this program, students with disabilities who attend Monterey Peninsula College must complete an Application for Services in the Access Resource Center; submit a professional verification of their disability or arrange for a Learning Skills Assessment, where indicated, through the Access Resource Center program; develop an Academic Accommodation Plan with an ARC counselor; and demonstrate measurable progress toward their educational goals. The Access Resource Center does not provide personal attendant care; students must be able to negotiate the campus facilities independently. The office is located on the first floor of the Student Services Building in STS 115.

For more information and campus assistance, contact the Access Resource Center at (831) 646-4070 or email

Admissions and Records Office

Student academic records are maintained by the Admissions and Records Office located in the Student Services Building. Registration for classes, adding or dropping classes, issuing transcripts, refund requests, graduation petitions, Academic Council petitions, transcript evaluation, and corrections to permanent records are handled through this office. Telephone (831) 646-4002 or visit the Admissions and Records portion of the MPC website for information.


Monterey Peninsula College CalWORKs Program, in collaboration with Monterey County Department of Social Services, assists eligible students with their CalWORKs requirements while they reach their educational and career technical goals. MPC CalWORKs assists students with enrollment and orientation to college and helps students meet their work requirements through work study awards and classroom hours. Students also receive advisement, counseling and referrals to other campus services as well as other community-based services and programs. Eligible students participating in the MPC CalWORKs Program receive support and assistance with childcare, book vouchers, work study, advocacy and educational workshops.

For information about CalWORKS services, please call (831) 646-4248.


CARE (Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education), a collaboration between Monterey Peninsula College Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) and the Monterey County Department of Social Services (MCDSS), is a program designed to assist single parent students who are receiving cash aid to succeed in college. To be eligible for CARE, students must first be eligible for EOPS and then meet further criteria. In addition to benefits and services provided to EOPS students, eligible CARE participants take part in the CARE Meal Plan, network with other single parents, and participate in CARE workshops, social events, and other activities.

For information, call EOPS or the CARE Coordinator at (831) 646-4247 or visit the EOPS/CARE office in the Student Services Building.

Career and Transfer Services

Monterey Peninsula College offers a wide range of services to address students’ career needs. Whether students are considering a career change or exploring the world of work for the first time, MPC guides them through the process of career/life planning.

Career Academy: Connect your major to your career goals with the Career Academy, a cohort-style program that helps students get career ready. Develop career readiness skills - resume writing, interviewing skills, networking - and first-hand work experience in a career field of your interest. Finish up your Career Academy experience with an internship, work-based learning, or work-study opportunity. 

For more information contact or visit

Career Counseling: Successful completion of COUN 51 or COUN 71 is required prior to individualized career counseling. Students who are either undecided or who wish to validate a choice of major meet with a career counselor to discuss specific needs and to outline a strategy to assist them in meeting their career development goals. Targeted modules in this process may include career assessments, career exploration, decision making/goal setting, and/or job search strategies.

Please call the Counseling Department at (831) 646-4020 to schedule an appointment.

Career Center: The Monterey Peninsula College Career Center is a full-service employment office providing MPC students opportunities for work experience both on campus and in the community. The Career Center offers career exploration workshops, guidance, career counseling and employment referrals. The Career Center staff works closely with other campus programs and community businesses to provide students with the support they need to be successful in the workforce. The Career Center office is located in The Career Transfer Resource Center, General Classroom Building Room 103 (GC-103).

For more information visit Contact the Career Center at (831) 646-4195 or email

Transfer Center: The Monterey Peninsula College Career Transfer Center offers transfer resources, workshops, guidance, academic and transfer counseling. The center provides assistance with transfer exploration and application with transfer exploration and application assistance in-person and online. The Transfer Center works in collaboration with CSUMB and other local colleges. Refer to the Transfer Information section for an explanation of the entire transfer process.

College representatives regularly visit the Transfer Center to meet with transfer students. The annual Transfer Day hosts over 40 representatives from the University of California and California State University systems as well as independent colleges and universities. Information about ongoing and special events is published in the monthly calendar, posted on the MPC Transfer website and emailed out to students who register. To be part of the e-mail list, contact

Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) for UCs are available to students who meet the eligibility requirements (see Admission to California Public University Systems). Interested students should meet with a counselor to start the process. Workshops for transfer are held during the fall semester. Students and adults in transition or needing help with major selection are referred to a Counseling class (COUN 51 or COUN 71). The Transfer Center is located in the General Classroom Building Room 103 (GC-103).

For more information call (831) 645-1336, or access for a complete list of resources.

College Bookstore

The College Bookstore is located in the Student Center. In addition to all course-required and optional textbooks, the MPC Bookstore also carries general and reference books, school supplies, emblematic clothing, gifts, and gift cards. Many of the textbooks are rentable at about 50% of the new price of the book. The Bookstore telephone number is (831) 657-4680. MPC Bookstore can also be accessed online at

Bookstore Check Cashing Policy: Checks require an imprinted name and address, photo ID, and phone number. Only first-party checks for the amount of purchase will be accepted. The Bookstore also accepts traveler’s checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.

Textbook Refund Policy: Refunds are given on textbooks during the semester or cycle in which they are purchased; a valid receipt is required for all refunds. Textbooks in resalable condition may be refunded within seven calendar days from the first day of classes for the semester in which they are purchased or within two (2) business days of purchase thereafter. In addition, a refund will be given within fourteen (14) calendar days from the first day of class only with proof of the class being dropped. Books purchased after the initial week of classes may only be refunded within two (2) business days of purchase. Books originally purchased as new must be unwritten in and not worn. In addition, all packages must be complete, and any book marked “Non-Returnable If Opened” must still be in the original shrink wrap. Books purchased during the week of finals are non-returnable. They may, however, be sold back to the Bookstore under the normal buyback policy.

Book Buyback: MPC Bookstore can buy back assigned textbooks from students for up to 50% of the purchase price, or current national wholesale value for non-assigned textbooks. There is no guarantee that the Bookstore will buy back the book. Buyback is open year round, but the best time to sell books back is close to the end of the semester. A photo I.D. is required.

General Merchandise Refund Policy: Merchandise may be returned, with a receipt, for exchange or refund within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. Item must be in original condition with all original packaging included. Software, headphones, calculators, video, and CDs may only be returned if unopened. If defective, a receipt is highly desired. If a receipt is not presented, the item may only be exchanged for the same.


Counseling faculty are available to assist students in developing an education plan that helps fulfill the requirements for certificates, graduation, transfer to a four-year institution, or personal interest. The constant change of requirements and prerequisites for institutions and occupations makes continuing guidance a necessary part of a student’s academic life. All students are encouraged to define their educational objectives and design a plan to reach them. Counselors are available to assist both day and evening students on an appointment or drop-in basis. Re-entry students can obtain information and support for educational and career planning. These services and career materials are located in the Counseling Department in the Student Services Building. Counselors also provide students with assistance in adjusting to college, advice on improving study skills, and assistance with personal matters. For more information, call (831) 646-4020.

Early Childhood Education Laboratory School

The MPC Early Childhood Education Laboratory School, which operates under Student Services, is licensed for 96 children by the Department of Social Services, with funding from the California Department of Education, Early Learning and Care Division. The Center has a dual purpose for the campus community: high-quality preschool for students’ children and an outstanding laboratory experience for Early Childhood Education Department majors. Staff members of the Early Childhood Education Laboratory School are credentialed professionals with many years of experience in the education of young children. The staff is augmented by Early Childhood Education Department students, parent volunteers and student assistants.

Children between the ages of three and five years are eligible. Children must be in good health with all immunizations up to date. Subsidized families and children of MPC students, faculty, and staff receive priority enrollment. The Early Childhood Education Laboratory School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, limited English proficiency, national origin or disability. Please call the Lab School for details of eligibility. The Early Childhood Education Laboratory School is open from 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call (831) 646-4066 for more information.

Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)

Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded community college program designed to assist low-income and educationally under-represented students. EOPS provides a variety of support services and benefits to meet the needs of these students, including academic advisement, book vouchers, CSU and UC transfer application fee waivers, and referrals for other services and benefits on and off campus.

Eligible EOPS students are primarily identified by economic need. However, participants also are defined as students with educational, language, and/or social disadvantages who may need comprehensive support services to succeed in higher education.

At Monterey Peninsula College, prospective EOPS students are generally referred by Student Financial Services, based on information given by students when applying for financial aid. However, interested students also may obtain information about EOPS eligibility, services, and requirements by telephoning (831) 646-4247 or by visiting the EOPS Office on the second floor of the Student Services building.

Food Services

Food services are available at the Monterey Campus in the following locations: Cafeteria (Student Center), Snack Shack (Social Science Building), Coffee Lounge (Library Technology Center) and vending machines in various locations across campus. Limited food vending services are available at the Marina Education Center and at the Public Safety Training Center.

Housing Referral Service

There is no on-campus housing at Monterey Peninsula College. The Student Activities Office maintains a bulletin board located in the lower part of the Student Center lobby. Posted on the board are apartments, houses for rent, house and apartment sharing, and rooms for rent. Students who need a place to rent or additional information on housing may contact the Student Activities Office at (831) 646-4192, visit the office located in the Student Center, or go to

Information Center

The Information Center, located in the Administration Building, is open from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Information about classes, registration, and other activities is available. Also, notary services are available in this office by appointment. The Information Center telephone number is (831) 646-4000.

International Student Programs

The International Student Programs office (ISP) is located in the Student Services Building. This office is responsible for admitting qualified international applicants to the College and for providing support services for international students upon enrollment. Services include ongoing orientation; academic/transfer counseling; health insurance liaison; travel and employment; study, work, travel abroad clearinghouse; and campus and community liaison. For all international students – present, future and past – ISP offers a continuum of services by knowledgeable, caring professionals.

The application process is different for international students. International students must complete the International Student Application for Admission (located on the ISP website) and provide all documentation listed under the catalog section entitled “Admission Process: International Students” before an admissions decision can be made.

Interested applicants with access to Adobe Acrobat can download the international student application forms directly from the website or go to and click onto “Admissions,” then “International Students” for the required forms. Contact ISP directly by email at or by phone at (831) 645-1357. Mailed inquiries to ISP at the College’s main mailing address are also invited.

Job Center

The Monterey Peninsula College Job Center is a full-service employment office providing MPC students opportunities for work experience both on campus and in the community. The Job Center’s goal is to bring education and employment together so students can develop their educational skills and abilities while gaining valuable experience in the world of work.

Students currently attending MPC, and graduates, will find the Job Center an important resource and an essential link between education and employment. Job Center staff members work closely with other campus programs and community businesses to provide students with the tools and support they need to successfully find and keep their jobs. Contact the Job Center by telephone at (831) 646-4195 or by email at The Job Center office is located in The Career Transfer Resource Center, General Classroom Building Room 103 (GC-103). For more information visit

Library and Technology Center

Each of the Library and Technology Center (LTC)'s three floors house unique services for students. On the 1st/bottom floor, students can find tutoring help at the Reading and Writing Center (RWC), the Tutoring and Academic Success Center (TASC), and STEM CEL. On the 2nd/main floor, students will find the MPC Library and its collaborative study space, as well as the English as a Second Language Lab. Up on the 3rd/top floor, students will find the Library's quiet study space, book stacks, and the Online Education Support Lab. The LTC also includes classrooms, meeting rooms, and a café.

Resources for student study and learning in the MPC Library include:

  • Collaborative study space (2nd floor) and quiet study space (3rd floor)
  • Library instruction (available in-person, online, by phone, by text, and in the classroom)
  • Book collection of 75,000+ titles, including e-books
  • Interlibrary loan services
  • Electronic database access from on and off campus
  • Chromebooks & other equipment for check out
  • Course reserve materials
  • Reference collection
  • Special collections and college archives
  • 125+ workstations with Internet access, software, and access to printing
  • Print stations (including color)
  • Open WiFi access
  • Group study rooms with multimedia equipment and computers
  • Individual or group seating and study options

Reference assistance is available both online and in person during all hours the library is open. General and class-specific instruction may be requested by faculty via the library webpage, by e-mail at, or by phone (831) 646-4095. Individual users may request general tours or one-to-one instruction at the reference desk. Introduction to Library and Research Skills (LIBR 50) is offered most semesters. Instructors may place textbooks, class readings, exams, audio/visual and other supplementary items for student use on reserve at the Circulation Desk.

MPC students may obtain a library card by verifying current enrollment. Residents of the community college district may obtain a library card with limited privileges by showing verification of residence. For hours and more details, consult our website at or call the Library Circulation Desk at (831) 646-4095 or the Library Reference Desk at (831) 646-4262.

Marina Education Center

In addition to a wide array of classes offered, day and evening classes are also available six days a week. Student Services available at the Marina Education Center include: Admissions and Records, ARC Testing Accommodations, ASMPC (Food Pantry, Student ID Cards, CARE Packages, Student Representative), College Bookstore, Career Design Lab (career information and assistance and internship opportunities), Counseling, Financial Aid, Student Health Services, Library Services, and Veterans Information. Services are available in person (face-to-face) and/or virtual (remote) formats. Please contact the Education Center office at (831) 646-4850,, or by visiting the website at for further details and a schedule of services.

Additional student services can be accessed by appointment or by visiting the Student Services website at

Academic Support (tutorial services) are available at the Marina Education Center through the Math Learning Center, Reading and Writing Center, Math Learning Center, and STEM Cel, and the Tutoring and Academic Success Center.

Public Safety Training Center

The Public Safety Training Center located at 2642 Colonel Durham Street in Seaside offers a variety of public safety courses.

Fire Protection Technology: The Center offers basic to advanced Fire Protection Technology courses. The Basic Fire Academy is an accredited training program through the State Fire Marshal’s Office. Fire Protection Technology programs include an associate’s degree as well as in-service courses for certification.

Law Enforcement: The Police Academy program is offered through South Bay Regional Public Safety Training Consortium and includes a P.O.S.T. Certified Basic Police Academy as well as in-service training.

Emergency Medical Services: The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Basic Training course is designed to meet the Department of Transportation, National Registry of EMTs, and State of California requirements for certification as an EMT-Basic (Ambulance) crew member.

For more information regarding the Fire Protection or Emergency Medical program, please call (831) 646-4240; for more information regarding the Law Enforcement courses, please call (831) 646-4236 or (408) 270-6458.

Student Health Services

The Student Health Services staff are committed to offering all students quality health care, health promotion information, health education and support so that each student has the opportunity to successfully complete their academic journey at Monterey Peninsula College.

Location: The Student Health Services can be found in the Student Services Building, Rooms 101-101E.

Staff: A nurse and a Health Specialist provide assistance to students for minor injuries and illness care. Therapist interns provide personal counseling by appointment. The office telephone number is (831) 646-4017/4018; if an emergency and no answer, please call 911 or the Security Office at (831) 646-4099.


  • First aid and emergency care
  • Confidential mental health counseling
  • Health education presentations and information
  • Health screenings, e.g., temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure
  • Referrals to health professionals
  • Referrals to low-cost medical, dental and other care
  • TB (tuberculin) skin testing
  • Over-the-counter medication
  • Doctor and nurse visits by appointment

Eligibility: All students enrolled at Monterey Peninsula College who have paid the Health Fee are eligible to participate in the student health services and receive care. Health Services is supported by Health Fees charged to students. There is no additional charge for these services. When any specific outside agency clinics (i.e., VNA) are scheduled by Student Health Services, fees may be required. At point of referral to other providers, all costs are then the student’s responsibility.

Insurance: Accidents: Students who are injured while participating in College-sponsored and/or supervised activities, whether on or off campus, are entitled to apply for student accident insurance benefits. Any such accident should be reported to Health Services within 24 hours. Information and applications on low-cost Student Dental and Health Insurance can be provided.

Lactation Rooms: MPC is committed to our students who are pregnant or parenting. We want to ensure that all pregnant students stay in school and meet their education goals.

As an educational institution, offering a private, clean and comfortable space where lactating mothers can express breast milk, meets the state law, offers our children optimum health, and provides the campus’ breastfeeding mothers support and encouragement to continue breastfeeding.

There is a private lactation room at Student Health Services, located on the lower level of our Student services Building room 101. It is available on a first come, first served basis. If this room is not available or you are at the Education Center at Marina or our Public Safety Training Center, any faculty or staff member can assist in finding a private room for you on campus.

We hope you enjoy the use of our lactation room. Students have the legal right to breastfeed anywhere on campus as they see fit (Right to Breastfeed in Public (1997) - Assembly Bill 157 Civil Code Section 43.3). Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a mother may breastfeed her child in any location, public or private, except the private home or residence of another, where the mother and the child are otherwise authorized to be present.

Transfer Services

See Career & Transfer Resource Center above.

TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS)

Student Support Services (SSS), formerly known as College Readiness, is a federal grant funded program designed to increase college retention, graduation, and transfer rates from the community college to a four-year institution for eligible students from first-generation and/or low-income backgrounds. Counselors provide in-depth academic advising, educational and career planning, transfer preparation, and assistance with financial aid, scholarships, and college applications.

The TRIO Learning Center (TLC) provides academic support for eligible SSS students taking basic skills to transfer-level courses, specifically in math, English, and science. For more information about eligibility requirements and services, please contact (831) 646-4246 or visit the TRIO office located on the second floor of the Student Services Building, or visit our website at

Veteran’s Resource Center

The Veteran’s Resource Center staff, located in the Student Center, assists students to meet the needs of veterans and eligible dependents and inform students of VA educational benefits, on and off campus resources, and counseling services. A person who is eligible for VA education benefits and who wishes to use them at Monterey Peninsula College should stop by the Veteran’s Resource Center. Before the Certifying Official will certify enrollment to the Veteran’s Administration (VA), it is essential for students to make an appointment with an MPC counselor to have a Student Education Plan completed. Only courses toward a degree listed on the Student Education Plan will be certified for VA payments. An initial claim may take up to three months processing time before the student receives his/her first payment.

Students requesting certification for the second semester must request all official transcripts from other colleges and military Joint Services Transcript be sent to MPC Admissions and Records office to be evaluated and on file at MPC before the end of their first semester. Students must then call the VRC to make a counseling appointment to complete a comprehensive VA Education Plan documenting units completed and courses needed to complete the educational goal. Students will not be certified a second time without this plan. Please note that because of the need for accuracy, counselors will only complete VA Education Plans during scheduled appointments. Students are encouraged to call 831-646-4025 to schedule an appointment with a counselor.

Veterans/Active Duty Priority Registration

Monterey Peninsula College has established registration and enrollment priority procedures in accordance with Title 5. Veterans/active duty members requesting priority registration must meet the conditions found within the priority registration guidelines. These may include applying for admissions, completing the assessment and orientation, developing an education plan with an academic counselor, and maintaining good academic standing.

For Veterans or active duty members who will not be using VA education benefits but are asking for priority registration, the Veteran must provide a copy of their DD214 and the active service member must provide a copy of their orders to be viewed by a Veteran’s Resource Center staff member.

Course Protection Guarantee under the Veteran Benefits and Transition Act of 2018

Effective August 1, 2019, Monterey Peninsula College will allow Veterans under Chapter 33, Chapter 31, and dependents under Chapter 33TOE and Fry Scholarship upon meeting matriculation requirements to remain registered in their courses without being dropped due to unpaid tuition and fees. In order to receive this benefit, students must request to use their benefits by filling out the Certification Request Form and provide a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility or approval Form 28-1905 for Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation students. The certification forms are available at the Veterans Resource Center in the Student Center.

It will be the student’s responsibility to pay the school any remaining balance should the student register in courses that are not on his or her approved education plan, or if the student is not entitled to 100% of his or her GI Bill® benefits. Students also have the option to have any outstanding balance deducted from their Financial Aid, if available.

Forever GI Bill® Housing Payment Fulfillment Act of 2018, Section 107

Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) Reflects Actual Housing Location

Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) also known as Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) will calculate its payments based on where the student attends the majority of their classes. In the past, payment was calculated on where the school was located. This is a big change for online students receiving lower BAH payments because their school was located in an area with a lower BAH.

For more information, students can visit:

The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the U.S. Government website at

Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act

Under the provision of the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act, the following individuals shall be charged a rate of tuition not to exceed the in-state rate for tuition and fees purposes: 

A veteran educational assistance under Chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill@ - Active Duty Program), Chapter 31 (Veteran Readiness and Employment), Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 G.I. Bill@), or Chapter 35 (Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program [DEA]) of title 38, United States Code, who lives in California while attending a school located in California (regardless of their formal State of residence) and enrolls in the school with a period of active duty serve of 90 days or more. 

Any student using transfer Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 G.I. Bill@ benefits, (38 U.S.C § 3319)) who lives in California While attending a school located in California (regardless of their formal state of residency). 

Any student described above while they remain continuously enrolled (other than regular schedule breaks between courses, semesters, or terms) at the same school. 

Any student using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C § 3311 (b)(9)) who lives in California while attending a school located in California (regardless of their formal state of residence).

The following policies and procedures are of primary concern to veterans, service persons, members of guard and selected reserves, and other eligible persons who receive VA educational benefits while enrolled at the University.

Please note: Academic standards of progress and attendance are covered under school standards of progress as specified by the California Community College on Higher Education, License Division, and are required by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e}, this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs {VA} Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33} or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:

  • Prevent the student’s enrollment;

  • Require student secure alternative or additional funding;

  • Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities} available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

  • Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent} or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.

Note: Chapter 33 students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 students cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent} before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the school.

  • Provide written request to be certified;

  • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies

Welcome Center Student Support Services

The Welcome Center creates opportunities to guide and introduce students to wrap-around services and resources on campus that are tailored to meet student needs. Home of the Student Outreach & Retention (SOAR) team and Lobo Ambassadors, the Welcome Center serves as an information hub for new students as well as faculty, staff, and the community. 

For more information about services, please visit or contact us at (831) 646-4136, or by email at The Welcome Center located in the General Class Building (GC-105)

First Year Experience

First Year Experience (FYE) is a year long college program focused on providing first-year students with the services and support they need to transition successfully to college. Students who are planning to transfer are encouraged to check out the Center for Excellence in Transfer, College Readiness, and Opportunities (El Centro) for additional support throughout their journey at MPC.

For more information please email,


MPC's Umoja Learning Community is a robust program designed to assist African American and other historically underrepresented students. Umoja enhances students' educational experience by integrating academics, support services, and African American culture.

For more information please visit, or email at

Undocumented Resource Center

The Undocumented Resource Center (URC) is committed to supporting undocumented students and those that come from mixed-status households. The center fosters a supportive and inclusive campus community, which is essential to the growth of all students regardless of their immigration status.

For more information please visit or email at